What is this Medical Sales Rep Job All About?
This role would be perfect for en IT savvy nursing, medical or frontline technical specialist (like a Perfusionist, for example) who would like a change to an exciting sales/customer care career. If you already had sales experience, that would be great but really, the core of this job is your clinical knowledge, particularly, intensivist/critical care knowledge.
Purpose of Role:
The Clinical Informatics Sales Specialist is responsible for managing sales within our Clinical Informatics Business to a large customer base of hospitals within the Island of Ireland. The candidate will require experience in Healthcare & Clinical Informatics and ideally be based in the Dublin region. As this is a National role, the ideal candidate should be willing to travel throughout the Island of Ireland on a regular basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing the commercial aspects of our Clinical Informatics business to key customers throughout Ireland.
* Develop relationships with key customers into lasting business partnerships
* Work with the representatives of our key partners and suppliers
* Achievement of sales and growth plans on a quarterly and annual basis
* Assist customers with clinical, technical and commercial enquiries
* Business planning and implementation throughout area of responsibility
* Development of new business opportunities and determination of new clients and market potential
* Provide feedback on customers, promotional programs and environmental changes and provide ideas to improve product and company performance in this marketplace
* Implementation of new product launches and other corporate activities within area of responsibility
* Work closely with our Clinical IT, Clinical Engineering and Clinical Application Specialists during the sales process, during initial project implementation and post ‘go-live’.
* Attendance at relevant National and International conferences and meetings.
* Preferably successful track record in a Clinical Informatics/Hospital environment, must have an understanding of patient workflow within hospitals and excellent understanding of the Irish & Northern Irish Healthcare market
* Ability to present and engage customers at a high level e.g. IT Directors, Directors of Nursing, Clinical leads, Chief Pharmacists
* Experience in Healthcare & Clinical Informatics, Private/ Public Hospital Sector
* Highly motivated and results driven
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Strong interpersonal skills: Customer focused with strong influencing skills
* Good administrative skills (particularly in PowerPoint & Excel)
* Good understanding of IT Systems & Networks
* Commercially aware with the ability to manage a complex business
* Self-motivated and a team player.
Salary Circa €50K+ Commission+Bonus, Car, Life Assurance, Pension