This is a really exciting opportunity for a candidate with significant media sales experience – and the ambition to make their mark and become part of the management team in a highly successful media operation.
For almost 40 years, Hot Press has been at the cutting edge of Irish media development, establishing a reputation as one of the leading entertainment and music publications in the world. In 2016, we are responsible for the following publishing adventures:
– Hot Press, the magazine
– Hotpress.com, the website
– The Hot Press Yearbook
– The Hot Press Annual
– Go Rail, the magazine of the train service in Ireland
– Enterprise, the magazine of the Enterprise Express
– Best of Ireland, a superb glossy annual guide
– Best of Dublin, its acclaimed sister publication
– the Irish Music Photo Archive
… and a variety of one-off consumer, b-to-b and bespoke books, titles and initiatives.
In addition, we organise a range of events, exhibitions, music partnerships, online activities, mobile applications, social network campaigns and national competitions, in music, media, fashion, design, writing, film, sport, education, photography and more, all driven by our unparalleled access to, and understanding of, the Irish youth, entertainment and student markets.
As a key member of the Hot Press team, you will be expected to be able to deliver significant advertising and sponsorship sales, as well as contributing to the development of the company’s overall commercial development.
In carrying out your work, the successful candidate will be required to:
• Present and sell to advertising agencies and major clients
• Expand on our direct client base and attract additional revenue streams
• Be highly focussed and successful at achieving targets
• Develop new ideas, concepts and products with commericial potential across publishing, online and events platforms
• Work with Editorial, Design & Marketing teams to deliver first class results to clients
• Report directly to the Senior Management group
• Be a good team player, helping us to realise the full commercial potential of the company