Exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join a leading lab services & consultancy group specialising in pharma, consumer nicotine & cannabinoid analysis.
This position will focus on expanding the customer base and driving sales of laboratory services. You will develop and deliver revenue against annual sales plans, identifying potential customers within the pharma, e-cigarette/ nicotine & CBD markets. You will utilise your excellent network of contacts/ connections to identify new business opportunities along with forging new relationships at key events/ conferences across the year.
This is a home-based position with a requirement to travel approx. 25% of the time to customer sites, conferences, labs.
* Proactively networking and prospecting new business opportunities and accounts; from initial contact through to close of sale
* Account management
* Maintaining strong industry contacts and market knowledge; visiting & potential customers to view laboratories, delivering presentations, organising & attending conferences, monitoring competitor activity etc.
* Determining client's business needs and formulating comprehensive sales solutions, producing quotes, tenders, responding to RFIs, etc.
* Building and managing a strong pipeline of current and prospective clients
* Managing your sales budget and developing and delivering sales plans/forecasts
* Bachelor's degree in science
* Minimum 5 years' experience in Sales/Business Development selling & winning laboratory testing services
* Excellent network/ connections/ contacts in pharma, nicotine & CBD markets is essential
* Full driver's licence is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand the customer base in an exciting testing area, this role will suit a determined individual with a 'get up and go' attitude. If this is you, please apply now to be considered for this role!
Key words: Sales, Sales Manager, Business Development, Life Science, Pharmaceutical Services, CBD, Cannabinoid, E-Cigarettes, Nicotine, CRO, Contract Research Organisation, UK, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham London, Oxford, Cambridge, Slough, Reading, Hampshire, VRS7952CR
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website.
Email me jobs like this