Your new company Hays are delighted to represent a large public body in their search for a Senior Information Governance Officer to join their Governance & Compliance Department. Your new role
* Provide expert advice on the promotion of data protection compliance and best practice in setting and maintaining standards and procedures across the organisation.
* Draft, review and update guidance for staff on data protection and related matters and communicate all data protection-related information to staff as required.
* Draft, review and update public guidance on data protection and related matters, including how personal data is used and how to make a subject access request.
* Assist with the identification of departmental training needs in relation to data protection and to design and deliver appropriate, up to date training for officers and elected members.
* Assist with the provision of adequate privacy notices on all paper or electronic documents and other methods used to gather personal data
* Provide advice on sensitive, high profile and, or complex data protection issues referred to the team via individual services or directors.
* Manage and maintain the corporate personal data register and associated corporate processes.
* Draft information sharing protocols and agreements and maintain a list of all such protocols in existence.
* Assist with the investigation of breaches of security involving personal data and analyse any types of breaches of the Data Protection Act and/or the GDPR within the organisation, identifying significant trends and put forward recommendations to address issues.
* Conduct data protection compliance audits across the organisation and assist with the preparation of reports to senior management on each department's compliance with data protection legislation.
* Assist with the processing of Freedom of Information or Environmental Information Regulations requests and other information governance-related matters as required.
* Represent the Records Manager, as and when required, at internal and external meetings and liaise with colleagues involved in access to information issues
What you'll need to succeed Successful candidates will ideally have a third level qualification in a relevant subject alongside experience in:
* providing expert advice to senior managers and staff on all aspects of data protection compliance and best practice;
* designing and delivering training for senior managers and staff in relation to their duties regarding data protection issues;
* developing, reviewing and updating corporate policies and supporting guidance documentation for both staff and members of the public on data protection and related matters.
What you'll get in return In return, you will gain fantastic experience working within a public sector legal department. You will also receive a competitive salary with terrific benefits. What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Email me jobs like this