At Wines Direct, we have a passion for good wine, wine we source directly from independent growers around the world. Our unique approach has put us in a leading position within the Irish wine market, and we supply many of Ireland's top restaurants and hotels. As part of our continued growth, we are currently looking to recruit a sales and business developer to join our knowledgeable and experienced Sales Team.
We are looking for candidates with ambition, energy and potential to become our next leading sales executive.
Our passion is dealing with eclectic and artisan winemaker who use minimal intervention in their wine making, If this is something that you are interested in and have a passion for farm to fork food this maybe the position for you.
This role is an off-site office Sales and Business Development position covering the Galway/Limerick/Clare area. The candidate will work alongside and report to our experienced Sales Manager and Sales Colleagues to achieve challenging objectives. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with an in-depth working knowledge of wine and the wine service market in Ireland who is looking to further develop their career in sales with a dynamic and growing company.
- Develop new sales - identify and target new business opportunities in the sales territory.
- Ability to work with the Sales Manager in order to achieve objectives.
- Foster excellent customer relationships within the sales territory to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Follow a call plan to visit all customers in your area while being flexible and responsive to your customer's needs.
- Build and maintain these relationships.
- Generate sales leads by building strong relationships with potential customers through a variety of channels, e.g. networking, referrals, warm and cold calling.
- Account management - maintain relationships with customer post-sale to ensure customer satisfaction and obtain referrals. Taking ownership of the customer and their issues.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills. You will receive full and ongoing training on our product range.
- Maintain and develop your knowledge of products and services as well as industry developments.
- The candidate must have IT abilities, including experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs. You will use these programs on an ongoing basis.
- Competence in Social Media platforms preferred: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Sales and business development experience in the on-trade environment
- Keen interest in wine and the wine industry
- WSET qualifcation an advantage
- Excellent selling and account management skills
- Must be target driven and capable of developing new business on their own initiative.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales targets in a competitive market.
- Must be ambitious, have good negotiation skills, pro-active and energetic in developing new business
- Effective time management with the ability to prioritise/multi-task
- A high level of flexibility is required by the candidate
- A proven team player with an excellent customer service approach, a professional manner, articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full, clean drivers’ licence
- Candidate must ideally live in the proposed catchment area
Is this your Opportunity?
The successful applicant will have the ability to convert leads into sales while constantly ensuring customer satisfaction. If you are self-motivated, commercially aware, proactive, resilient, with the desire to succeed and a passion for wine, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Salary Dependant on experience
Bonus Schemes based on achieving targets
Expenses (Petrol, parking etc.)
Mobile & Laptop
Should this position be of interest to you please forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications are in strict confidence. Closing date for applications is 20th of April 2022