Salary: Competitive. Base plus commission and bonuses.
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
Office based (working remotely temporarily due to Covid-19).
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Advertising Sales Executive to join our Dublin sales team for European Supermarket Magazine (ESM).
This role is perfect for an individual who has excellent sales skills and is eager to work on a market leading product in a company where success is truly rewarded.
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling advertising solutions to manufacturers and service providers targeting the grocery retail sector, for ESM’s print and related digital products. They will have excellent communications skills to create, develop, and enhance their own roster of advertising sales accounts.
We are seeking someone who…
- Is a “people person” - friendly and outgoing, and enjoys creating and enhancing client relationships and exceeding their expectations.
- Has outstanding sales skills and a passion for their job.
- Has a strong customer service focus, a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail.
- Has exceptional communication skills - both verbal, written and listening.
- Is highly organised, self-motivated, competitive and goal-orientated.
- Has good time management skills and the ability to organise their own workload.
- Has the ability to work well under pressure, resolve issues in a timely and productive manner, and stay tenacious in the face of any rebuffs.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary with excellent commission and bonus structure.
- Working with a friendly team of experienced media professionals.
- A chance to make the role your own.
- Travel to international and domestic trade shows (depending on Covid-19 restrictions and situation).
- Training and development opportunities to continue honing your sales skills.
- Superb office location – close to public transport, no city centre traffic hassles and many seaside amenities on offer in Dun Laoghaire.
- Generating new print and digital advertising sales.
- Managing client relationships to build sales and maximise revenue opportunities.
- High level of productivity in connecting with potential customers - phone calls / online calls, face to face, social selling, and meeting exhibitors at international trade shows (Covid-19 restrictions dependent)
- Creating tailored, strategic marketing campaigns across all our platforms for some of Ireland and Europe’s leading businesses, to meet the client’s objectives.
- Presenting campaign solutions directly to senior management at a CEO, Marketing Director and Brand Manager level.
- Executing campaigns from beginning to end: timely and accurate set up, receiving creative from the client and any revisions, coordinating the campaign schedule, monitoring status and delivery, and liaising with the Accounting department to ensure prompt payment.
- Working to achieve your KPIs and sales goals, and adhering to the company's processes, policies and standards.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Minimum 3 years’ sales experience.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving sales targets.
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite programmes.
- Ability to travel if required (Covid-19 restrictions dependent).
- Advanced skills in using Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Additional languages.
- Interest in the FMCG, grocery, retail sectors.
- Strong skills in Social Selling.
If you have a real passion for sales and believe you have the skills and attributes for this role, we would like to hear from you! Get in touch by sending a cover letter and your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
European Supermarket Magazine is the dedicated pan-European magazine for senior executives and category buyers in the grocery retail sector, and is distributed in 33 countries. The title is produced by Madison Publications, a leading business-to-business media publisher focusing on the grocery retail, food service and drinks sectors, headquartered in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin.