We have a number of exciting opportunities for strong team players to join our Commercial Contracts team as Commercial Contracts Managers.
At Roche Diagnostics we believe it's critical to deliver medical solutions right now as well as develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives as a world leader in Healthcare & Diagnostics solutions. With over 650 permanent employees in the UK and Ireland, we operate within vibrant and growing markets providing innovative and complex healthcare solutions in an ever changing business environment.
The Commercial Contracts Team has recently transitioned to a new operating model. As a result of this evolution, the team has divided roles and responsibilities to form two sub-teams. The two teams will work in close collaboration, with one team focusing on drafting and negotiating customer (sales) contracts, and the other sub-team focusing on drafting and negotiating subcontracts with our third party suppliers. We now have multiple roles across both teams, with each reporting into their respective team leaders, who in turn report into the Director of Legal and Compliance. It is therefore a really exciting time to join the Commercial Contracts Team here at Roche.
You will form part of one of the small sub-teams, providing sound commercial contract advice to all Business Areas both within Roche Diagnostics and Roche Diabetes Care. The team will assist in the development of sustainable commercial contracts which meet corporate/business area goals and metrics, whilst ensuring that you mitigate company risks and protect our reputation and financial interests.
* What You Will Be Doing (Core Tasks): *
* Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with our customers and third party suppliers, highlighting areas of risk, proposing/agreeing risk mitigating strategies and ensuring contracts are commercially and legally robust.
* Advising Business Areas on contractual rights and obligations and providing clarification on contract terms and conditions;
* Drafting and negotiating variations to commercial contracts.
* Providing ad hoc advice and guidance on public procurement legislation and contractual queries from internal departments.
* Responsible for a wide range of additional contractual documents including novation agreements, parent company guarantees, confidentiality agreements, software licence and/or subscription agreements.
* Supporting wider business change management and sustainability projects.
* What You Will Be Doing (Sub-team Specific Tasks): *
* Involved with pre-tender engagement positioning; advising the Business Areas on the existing contract landscape and any foreseen risks with the customer's proposed tender approach.
* Reviewing and managing multiple large tender opportunities simultaneously; reviewing the relevant tender documents and providing a comprehensive risk assessment of the opportunity to the business.
* Play an active part in the tender squad working closely with the Bids and the Commercial functions on our tender submissions.
* Advising and drafting tender clarifications to help seek clarity and position the business.
* Coordinating and drafting on behalf of the business a tender submission for any unacceptable identified risks.
* Concluding and executing the customer contracts in accordance with tender submissions and any negotiated positions.
* Reviewing, drafting and negotiating 3rd party subcontracts to ensure appropriate legal back out (including service levels and monitoring) is in place.
* Negotiating framework agreements with core subcontracts to facilitate contracting in a swift and proportionate manner.
* Providing support and guidance to teams during a prime tender process regarding contractual matters.
* Concluding and executing subcontracts within appropriate timescales to mitigate risk to Roche.
* Maintaining subcontract and framework agreement templates so that they are up to date and adequately cover risks.
* What You Need for this Position: *
It is expected that you will be educated to degree level or equivalent. In addition, you will either hold a World Commerce And Contracting Association (formerly IACCM) qualification, a CIPS qualification (Graduate Diploma) or be a qualified commercial contracts lawyer. Significant experience in the field will also be considered in the absence of the above qualifications.
You will have a good level of contract law experience and a track record of providing contractual expertise relating to the provision of high value complex goods and services (typically in excess of £5m+). The company's Business Areas will need to be able to rely on that expertise, along with your sound business acumen and professionalism. You will offer practical advice to all Business Areas and take accountability for the contract reviews and projects assigned to you. It is also preferable that you have knowledge of public contract regulations (PCR2015) and have a basic understanding of data protection matters.
This position will offer exposure to all of the Company's operating businesses and therefore you must have the qualities to make a positive, professional impact in a highly complex cross-functional environment. You will be able to develop a strong collaboration with the commercial teams across the board and remain focused on critical goals and outcomes.
Other critical attributes to your success in the position include:
* Effective team player;
* Strengths in planning and prioritising;
* Problem solving and decision making;
* Pragmatic approach, maintaining balance between efficiency while still protecting our commercial interests.
* Open minded and able to demonstrate resilience;
* Consistently generates new ideas, seeking new opportunities and tries new approaches.
* Effective internal/external stakeholder engagement skills; confident at interacting at all levels both within and outside of the organisation.
* Strong negotiation skills and an eye for detail;
* Strong contract drafting skills;
* Proven analytical and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Self-starter who is action and impact oriented; possesses a strong sense of urgency and the ability to comfortably work independently (when required) or as part of a team, in an intensely deadline-oriented environment. Speed and accuracy are essential requirements for this position;
* Trustworthy; demonstrating experience working with confidential information and in confidential situations; High integrity and an unyielding commitment to legal and regulatory compliance;
* Comfortable with adopting new digital contracting solutions; proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
If you thrive on making a positive impact and contributing directly to your company's success, feel you have the commitment to teamwork and the innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you.
This position can operate on a flexible working model.
As part of your application, we would invite you to include a covering letter outlining what interests you about this/these roles and how you believe your knowledge and experience makes you a good fit for the teams at Roche. We believe that roles within the Customer and Subcontracts Sub-teams are interchangeable, however we would also be keen to hear within your covering letter whether you would be interested in a role in a specific Sub-team, or would consider a role in either. Please also include within your covering letter your salary expectation for the role(s).
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business - over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year - but equally importantly in its people.
What this means for you is, not only a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, but also a genuine interest in your development and progression.
All of which has ranked Roche number 4 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work in 2020 .
Application closing date: 19th September 2021
Please find Roche Diagnostics' Candidate Privacy Notice posted on roche.co.uk:
*Roche is an equal opportunity employer.*
TAP to confirm if this information is correct, please?
TAP to confirm whether this info is currently up to date and correct, please?