Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
The *Senior Director, Strategic Account Management* (SAM) is responsible for the following across assigned clients:
* In collaboration with Business Development, ensure an account plan is in place and executed to meet overall Cytel growth, revenue and profitability targets for assigned clients.
* Support new business in PBS/FSP by leading operational strategy, scoping and profitability assessment for proposals
* Support new business in PBS/FSP by leading bid pursuits (preparation, strategy, staff attendance determination, meeting attendance)
* Provide operational oversight of awarded work in FSP and PBS to ensure consistent and positive client experience and delivery of awarded work within scope, timeline and profitability.
* Provide overall governance and account management support for all Cytel services and products including PBS, FSP, RWA, Software, Consulting and other areas that may emerge
The SAM will interface with Cytel staff assigned to client grouping. The SAM interacts with senior management at clients, and with Cytel Proposals, Business Development, functional management, and Finance groups to achieve goals.
* Responsibilities: *
* New Business/Growth *
* In conjunction with Business Development, oversee development and implementation of global Account Plans and customer strategies to meet overall Cytel growth and profitability targets for the account across all Cytel activities.
* Oversee development and implementation of project strategies and selling propositions, including support for and attendance at bid defenses.
* Provide guidance related to operational strategy for proposals.
* Approve proposals and budgets (new projects and changes in scope) for assigned projects in FSP and PBS.
* Maintain regular contact with clients in assigned grouping, leading Cytel-Sponsor Governance committees for example. Support PM and BD in communications regarding scope changes, as needed.
* Ensure proper handover for new project awards for assigned clients.
* Operations *
* Provide operational oversight of all activities for assigned clients.
* As relevant, ensure monthly revenue review meetings for assigned projects (revenue recognition and forecast).
* Identify potential changes in scope and ensure PM and Proposal group quantify change orders in a timely fashion or PM and team implement appropriate actions to return project to contractual profitability level.
* Conduct regular operational review of projects within assigned accounts to ensure project delivery.
* Support Cytel teams in resolving issues on their own, and act as point of escalation for issues that cannot be resolved by Cytel delivery team.
* Hold regular cross-functional meetings with Group Leaders assigned to client portfolio to implement best practices and problem-solve common issues.
*Qualifications and Experience:*
* *Minimum Education:* Advanced degree in science or quantitative field, MBA or equivalent.
* *Minimum Work Requirements:*
* 10 years relevant work experience, preferably in Biostatistics, Programming, Data Management, Project Management
* 5 years management experience, with some in CRO environment
* Strong client service focus, building trust and effectively communicating with internal portfolio team, Cytel management, and sponsors. Ability to anticipate client needs and interact at executive level.
* Leadership skills, including the ability to build effective teams, motivate others, and delegate effectively.
* Strong sense of ownership & proactivity to develop long-term solutions vs. short-term fixes.
* Strong financial and business acumen.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel's human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.