At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
We are seeking an individual as a Software Account Directorwith strategic Sales/BD experience who is used to working at a senior level globally to join our high growth, fast paced and dynamic sales team.
* Your Impact *
You are responsible for growing and managing new and existing customers in your assigned territory, evangelizing the Cytel vision and account strategy.
You will work closely with current and prospective customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will consult with customers to evangelize solutions that will help them reach their business goals.
* What we are looking for *
* Demonstrated track record of minimum 5+ years selling software into the biopharmaceutical, CRO, and/or life sciences industries.
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree, preferably in relevant scientific discipline or statistics.
* Knowledge of the drug development process with particular emphasis on the software needed to support clinical trials in Phases I-IV.
* Established connections in biopharmaceutical industry including contacts in biostatistics, clinical trials groups, such as heads of clinical operations. Experience creating positive meeting opportunities at senior levels in clinical development or equivalent groups.
* Ability and desire to learn and articulate technical aspects and Cytel's value propositions.
* Good communications skills and ability to interact with a diverse, international customer base including senior management and executives at prospects and existing clients.
* Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the capacity to understand and articulate primary issues around key clinical technology.
* Organizational skills to secure internal support and resources (people, marketing materials, etc.)
* Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with research driven founders.
* Some of Your Main Responsibilities and Deliverables May Include *
* Managing the end to end sales process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Subject Matter Experts, Consultants, Executive Leadership, Marketing, Lead Generation etc.
* Build market awareness and create new sales, successfully positioning the company's strategy, vision, and market leadership with key business executives and functional decision-makers in all customers and prospects.
* Organize and manage industry events and user groups to generate market interest
* Remain current on relevant industry and internal company products, pricing, markets, plans and developments.
* Seek and provide customer and market awareness to Cytel including presenting opportunities for evaluation that could expand the company's market and product reach.
* Create and maintain a sales pipeline to ensure over-achievement selling Cytel commercial software and potential custom software solutions
* Maintaining a long-term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation while being able to generate short term results
* What's in it for you *
* You will have the opportunity to play an integral role helping our clients and the industry shape the future of drug development
* You will be part of an exciting new chapter in Cytel's history with high growth and opportunities to progress in Senior and Leadership positions within the company
* Work in an environment designed for an entrepreneurial minded person with a lot of energy, ideas and courage for their implementation
* Freedom to design and own your go-to market strategy and leverage the best and brightest minds in the industry
At Cytel, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel's human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.