We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
The Head of Events and Sponsorship will:
* Put in place and manage the firm's annual programme of strategic events and sponsorships.
* Determine the optimum deployment of the events and sponsorship budget to ensure the programme of activity best supports the firm's strategic brand and growth priorities.
* Managing the events team to ensure the optimum deployment of our talent to support the delivery of the annual events programme.
* Manage the firm's relations with external event organisers, hospitality and creative agencies, to ensure the optimum positioning, presence and profile for the firm at appropriate industry and hospitality events.
* Oversee the end-to-end production and delivery of the firm's industry events programme for major C-Suite clients and contacts, in a manner that maximises client experience and engagement.
* Manage key internal stakeholder relations to ensure the programme of events supports specific business needs, across our four major Service Lines, Growth Platforms and Sectors etc.
* Professional management and oversight of all event production elements including: venue bookings, catering, collateral, virtual platform choices, branding, delegate materials, mailings, registration etc
* Work closely with the wider teams to ensure appropriate end to end management of all aspects of the events programme, in the most efficient, cost effective and professional manner possible.
* Develop detailed project plans for major events, ensuring all appropriate communications channels are utilised effectively.
* Ensure the firm's CRM system is deployed effectively to support event planning and post-event follow-up with clients and contacts.
* Drive innovation and best-in-class ways of delivering compelling, state-of-the art events.
* Put in place the appropriate ROI metrics and ensure monthly reporting against same.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
A degree in Marketing/a business-related degree; or equivalent work experience
* 10+ years strategic event management experience, end-to-end ideally from a professional services or large corporate background.
* Experience of working in large/matrix organisations, balancing multiple stakeholder requirements
* Proven experience in leading a professional events function/team.
* A strong commercial drive and the ability to deliver high-value events that deliver return on investment, ensuring alignment with the corporate brand
* Strong knowledge of market leading virtual event platforms
* Proven ability in developing effective engaging branded events that deliver on objectives set out
* High level of written and oral communication skills
* Solid business acumen, management and problem solving skills
* Organising, project management and planning skills - ability to proactively plan, follow up, manage and deliver on deadlines
* Showcase creativity and innovation
* A can-do approach and a strong team player
* Strong relationship management skills
* Experience of using marketing automation & CRM platforms
* Good negotiation and budgetary skills
* Proven track record of managing external suppliers
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Passion for events, venues and hospitality
* Experience of managing a team
* Be intuitive and adaptable
* A calm, confident and professional disposition