We are recruiting for aPharmacovigilance Director, Solutions and Account Management to be home-based in Ireland! You will be responsible for working with Pharmacovigilance clients from pre-award through post-award in the creative design, operational conduct and successful delivery of global pharmacovigilance solutions.
You will work in partnership with operational and commercial teams to optimize new business awards though the development of creative, cost-effective and high-quality competitive strategies and business solutions which differentiate Parexel as a premier pharmacovigilance provider.
Post award, this position continues to support the operational team and the client to ensure a smooth project implementation and the offering of strategic solutions which maximize the program's operational and fiscal delivery.
This role serves as the point of contact for issue escalation, governance and ongoing account relationship management. The Director demonstrates expertise and confidence in the services offered by Parexel, supports delivery excellence and mentors project leads.
Accountability Supporting Activities
Pre-sales • Works in partnership with operational and commercial staff to support SBU sales targets, including but not limited to:
o Strategic guidance for major accounts
o Identification of new opportunities
o Development of creative, competitive program offerings
o Presentations which drive early engagement
• Participate as a member of the discovery session to understand the client's business objectives and system needs and support clients through the pre-award process
• Drive a consultative approach which enables Parexel to develop unique business solutions and positions the value of those solutions to drive industry leadership
• Engages with experts across Parexel and leads the formulation of short term and long-term strategies to maximize value for the customer and differentiate Parexel from its competitors
• When developing solutions, considers operational and financial risks and proactively consults internal stakeholders for input
• Works collaboratively with other members of the Parexel team to ensure Proposals/Work Orders are:
• Customer focused
• Presented professionally, conveying value proposition and critical success factors
• Achievable with accurate milestones, scope and budget
• Based upon appropriate assumptions and strategy discussions
• Delivered to clients in a timely manner while ensuring adequate time for internal stakeholder review
• Clear and maximize Parexel's ability to capture scope changes through effective risk assessments
• Maintains extensive knowledge of Parexel's pharmacovigilance offerings and how they relate to other Parexel offerings; utilizes the knowledge to identify business opportunities for Parexel
• Maintains knowledge of industry trends, competition and innovations to best position Parexel offerings
• Participates in capabilities meetings, sales engineering processes, proposal ideation, bid defense meetings and Q&A sessions.
Post-award account management
• Ensures effective handover to operational team
• Maintains knowledge of project and works with client and operational team to ensure sold solution meets quality, efficiency and financial targets in addition to customer satisfaction
• Serves as a resource and mentor to program managers and leads
• Demonstrates confidence and knowledge of the services offered by Parexel Safety Services to the point of leading Steering Committee Meetings, Governance Boards and ongoing Operating Committees*Qualifications*
• Demonstrates a positive, energetic,'make it happen' attitude, especially during difficult situations
• Builds strong client relationships, consistently understanding the client needs and serves as the voice of the client.
• Builds strong cross functional relationships in a matrix environment. Strives to understand the opinions and needs of others and remains non-judgmental during problematic situations.
• Proactively collaborates with all stakeholders, considering the impact of the solution on others
• Thinks strategically and creatively while employing pragmatic approaches to delivery
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple, understandable and compelling manner.
• Demonstrates good negotiation skills.
• Manages multiple and varied tasks and prioritizes workload with attention to detail.
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates good general business/operational skills
Knowledge and Experience:
• Significant pharmacovigilance/safety services experience
• Experience in developing client safety solutions in a Clinical Research Organization environment
• Client-facing experience with related skills
• Knowledge of process improvement, including the role of automation for quality and efficiency gains
• Excellent knowledge of ICH, CIOMS and global drug safety regulations.
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotechnical world-markets
Bachelor's degree, with concentration in life sciences or healthcare-related field preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
*Willingness to travel up to30% after the Pandemic.**Why Work at Parexel*
*There are pivotal moments in every career:* Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That's Parexel. We're a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Glassdoor.